1 David De Gea Real Madrid are blaming Manchester United for the collapse of the David De Gea deal.The transfer fell through on Monday night in a mix-up over the paperwork, and on Tuesday morning the Old Trafford giants were keen to claim Madrid were responsible for the collapse of the transfer.But the La Liga giants have hit back by releasing a ten-point statement which paints a very different picture of events1) Manchester United didn’t open any path of negotiation for the registration rights to David De Gea until yesterday morning.2) Real Madrid, despite the difficulties associated with completing a deal of this type on the final day of registration, accepted the initiating of these conversations.3) When Manchester United entered into these negotiations yesterday morning they did so subject to being able to reach an agreement with Real Madrid player Keylor Navas, in order that he would join the British club from this season, and informed that they were in contact with the representatives of said player.4) Real Madrid and Manchester United arrived quickly at an agreement for the transfers of both players. After the editing of the relevant contractual documents and with the intention of proceeding with enough time to get everything sent to the Transfer Matching System of FIFA (TMS) as well as his registration with the Spanish Football League (LFP), Real Madrid resent the contracts to Manchester United at 13:39 Spanish time.5) Manchester United sent back their comments on said contracts eight hours later, at 21:43 Spanish time, including small modifications. Due to not being relevant, all of the modifications were accepted immediately by Real Madrid with the intention of being able to register the player on time in the TMS and with the LFP.6) Real Madrid, having obtained the signatures of David De Gea and Keylor Navas, sent back to the English club the signed contracts at 23:32 Spanish time, waiting to receive the final documents signed by Manchester United.#7) Manchester United reached a final agreement with the representatives of Keylor Navas at 23:53 Spanish time and it was at this time that the contracts were sent to the player to be signed.8) Manchester United entered into the TMS all the information for the De Gea deal, but not those for Keylor Navas, at 00:00 Spanish time, sending back to Real Madrid at the same time the signed transfer contracts. Real Madrid received the completed documentation at 00:02 and tried to access the TMS, but found it to already be closed.9) At 00:26 Spanish time the FIFA computer system, TMS, invited Real Madrid to fill in the details for David De Gea, given that the registration period in England continues to be open until today. Real Madrid, with the prospect of some contention over the transfer of the player, decided to send the contracts to the LFP, even knowing that the period had expired.10) Definitively, Real Madrid had done everything necessary, at all times, to ensure that these two transfers happened.
11 11 11 11 7. James Milner 37. Martin Skrtel – see the full line up, in reverse squad number order, by clicking the arrow above 11 11 21. Lucas 23. Emre Can 18. Alberto Moreno 9. Christian Benteke 22. Simon Mignolet 11 11 11 2. Nathaniel Clyne 11 11. Roberto Firmino 6. Dejan Lovren Liverpool v West Bromwich Albion is available to stream live on talkSPORT on Sunday December 13 2015 if you are outside of the UKUntil last weekend’s setback at Newcastle, Liverpool had been flying under the management of Jurgen Klopp, with talk not just of a top four place but a Premier League title challenge.The 2-0 reverse at St James’ Park quelled such optimistic predictions, but a win at home to West Brom would get the Red Machine moving in the right direction again.Liverpool’s German manager has some interesting selection issues to deal with, most notably in attack, where the return of Philippe Coutinho will be welcomed.But who will he start against the Baggies? Take a look at our possible line up, above, and let us know who you would pick. Just leave a comment below. 11 10. Philippe Coutinho
Mark Hughes Stoke boss Mark Hughes is not planning to be busy in the transfer market in January.Hughes has earned plaudits for his side’s progress this season, notably after an eye-catching victory over Manchester City earlier this month.The Potters boast one of the tightest defences in the Barclays Premier League and the attacking trio of Marko Arnautovic, Bojan Krkic and Xherdan Shaqiri are a potentially potent force.These strengths are still to be reflected in league position, with a failure to win in the last two keeping them down in 11th, but they are just six points off fourth and Hughes is happy with his squad.He said: “We have got a few ideas but whether they lead to anything significant we will have to wait and see.“I don’t think there is any urgency from our part to address any issues in the team. I think we are fine at the moment. The squad is strong. We have got players coming back from injuries as well.“If there are opportunities and the right players are available we will have conversations with people you need to have conversations with and we will see where that takes us. If we don’t do anything this January we will just keep our powder dry and wait for the summer.”Hughes is also relaxed about the possibility of other clubs attempting to move in on any of his players.The Welshman, whose side host his former club Manchester United on Boxing Day, said: “We wouldn’t encourage it but I don’t think there will be.“There is always speculation about good players, everyone in football understands that. Everyone in football will have interest in the good players they have and other teams will covet those good players.“We are not the only ones that will have speculation about their players but at the moment we are a strong unit, a strong squad. We are enjoying what we are doing and we are quite comfortable.”Hughes is hoping some business will be done in the coming weeks, however, as defender Erik Pieters and striker Arnautovic consider new contract offers.He said: “There may be a little bit of progress with Erik Pieters and I know Marko’s people have been in and conversations are going on. Hopefully we will have some announcements pretty soon.” 1
Espanyol goalkeeper Pau Lopez was lucky to escape a second yellow card when he appeared to stand on Lionel Messi’s ankle in his club’s 4-1 Copa del Rey loss.Messi scored twice in the win with Neymar and Gerard Pique getting the others.Espanyol, meanwhile, had two players sent off and Barca manager Luis Enrique said after the game that referees “should make sure this is football, not American football.” Pau Lopez stands on Lionel Messi’s ankle 1
Everton striker Romelu Lukaku Everton are demanding serious cash for in-form striker Romelu Lukaku.The Belgium international has been linked with a move to Manchester United after an impressive goalscoring season where he has scored 15 goals in 22 Premier League games, but his rising reputation has come at a price.According to reports, the Toffees have slapped a £65m price tag on the 22-year-old in order to ward off interest from the Red Devils – a similar firm approach to the one taken when Chelsea pursued John Stones last summer.But what do Manchester United supporters think of Everton’s valuation of Lukaku?Read the best comments below… 1
West Ham striker Diafra Sakho West Ham forward Diafra Sakho could be back in action by the end of February after he revealed his recovery from a thigh injury is ahead of schedule.Sakho was forced to undergo surgery after suffering the problem against West Brom back in November.The Senegal international has five goals to his name this season and is determined to reach his pre-season target of 20 by the end of the campaign.“Honestly, my recovery’s going very well,” Sakho told West Ham’s official website.“Even though it’s been a lot quicker than what I’d thought, I’m in a hurry to come back because I promised to score 20 goals and at the moment I’m only on five in all competitions. So that leaves 15.“I’m going to try right until the end to keep to my word. Even if the fans say, ‘the whole season he only played 20 or so games’, I hope, in the games that I’m going to play, to respect my words. That’s very important to me.” 1
8 6. Arsenal are unbeaten in their last three away Champions League knockout matches 8 1. Arsenal and Real Madrid are the only two sides to make the knockout stages every year since 2003/04 but the Gunners have exited at this stage in each of the last five seasons 8 8 5. Matches between Arsenal and Barcelona average 3.6 goals per game with 29 goals in their eight encounters 8 8. Barcelona could be the first side to win back-to-back Champions Leagues since it was reformatted. The last club to win Europe’s premier competition two years in a row was AC Milan, who won the European Champion Clubs’ Cup in 1989 and 1990 2. Barcelona have won every knockout encounter with Arsenal in the Champions League, winning 2-1 in 2006, 6-3 on aggregate in 2010 and 4-3 in 2011 3. Arsenal have never won at the Nou Camp and conceded seven in their last two visits 8 Arsenal travel to the Nou Camp facing an uphill battle to revive their season against Champions League holders Barcelona, live on talkSPORT.Out of the FA Cup, 11 points behind Premier League leaders Leicester City and clinging on to a slither of hope for Champions League progression: Arsenal’s season is crumbling around them.The Gunners are 2-0 down after the first leg at the Emirates two weeks ago but they are also up against history on Wednesday night.Click the arrow above, right, to see the facts and stats surrounding the fixture, although it may not be pleasant reading for Arsenal fans! 7. Lionel Messi has scored more goals against Arsenal than any other Champions League opponent (eight goals in five games) 8 8 4. Luis Enrique has won all nine of his Champions League ties at the Nou Camp
1 Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and N’Golo Kante have been included on the shortlist for the PFA Players’ Player of the Year.The Leicester City trio are up for the prestigious prize, voted for by their peers, alongside Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil, Tottenham striker Harry Kane and West Ham playmaker Dimitri Payet.Vardy, Mahrez and Kante’s inclusion is recognition for their roles in a memorable season for the Foxes, which has left them on the verge of a sensational Premier League title triumph.Striker Vardy has netted 21 times in the Premier League, while playmaker Mahrez has 16 goals to his name as well as 11 assists.Kante, meanwhile, has earned widespread praise for his performances in a defensive midfield role, with Sir Alex Ferguson hailing him as the best player in the top-flight this term.Of the other contenders, Tottenham’s Kane has enjoyed another outstanding individual campaign.He is currently the league’s leading scorer on 22 goals and is also in contention to retain the Young Player of the Year gong he won 12 months ago.Arsenal’s Ozil has been in impressive form in 2015/16, with 18 assists and six goals to his name.West Ham’s Dimitri Payet, meanwhile, has enjoyed a sensational debut campaign in English football to help the Hammers launch an unlikely challenge for a top four spot.The winner will be announced at a ceremony in London on Sunday 24 April.
1 David Gray scored an injury time winner for Hibernian to win the Scottish Cup at Hampden Park.The defender headed beyond Wes Foderingham two minutes into time added on to win the tie, securing a 3-2 victory against the Gers.Gray may have had the game-winning impact, but it was a different Hibs player who was the catalyst for the victory.Anthony Stokes opened the scoring two minutes in, before pulling the tie level 10 minutes from time.Rangers will be ruing the fact that they lost the game because of Stokes, but it will even more painful seeing as he is on loan from fierce rivals Celtic.The Bhoys outcast hit twice, and Liam Henderson – also on loan from the Parkhead club – took the corner from which Gray scored the winner.It was a great day for Hibs, and also a great day for Celtic, and their fans took to Twitter to delight in the Gers’ collapse. Anthony Stokes hit twice to the delight of Celtic fans
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREWhicker: Clemson demonstrates that it’s tough to knock out the champ According to Pilavyan’s plea agreement, he recruited Medicare beneficiaries who were willing to sign up for home health services, inducing some to accept services by paying them approximately from $100 to $400 in cash. After signing up the Medicare beneficiaries, Pilavyan would refer them to Provident Home Health Care Services, which paid Pilavyan approximately $1,200 to $1,700 per Medicare beneficiary for those that received intermittent care and approximately $4,800 per Medicare beneficiary for twice-a-day care. The Medicare beneficiaries were not confined to the home and did not need skilled nursing or therapy services. Pilavyan also admitted that, in an effort to conceal payments he was receiving from Provident, he directed Perez to make some payments in cash and others in checks that were made out to other entities. In sentencing Pilavyan, Judge Wilson said the defendant’s conduct “corrupts a program designed to help the poor.” The judge added: “He’s damaging millions of people who need Medicare and government services.” IRS-Criminal Investigation Special Agent in Charge Debra D. King stated: “The sentence of 10 years in prison in this case should speak volumes to those individuals who choose to undermine the integrity of our federal healthcare systems. IRS Criminal investigators are highly skilled in tracing financial transactions that lead to exposing money laundering. IRS-Criminal Investigation will continue to work with our law enforcement partners in combating healthcare fraud.” The owner of a Pasadena-based outfit that recruited patients to receive home health care in a scheme that defrauded Medicare out of more than $7 million has been sentenced to 120 months in federal prison. Arthur Pilavyan, 33, of Altadena, was sentenced Monday afternoon by United States District Judge Stephen V. Wilson, who also ordered Pilavyan to pay $7 million in restitution to Medicare, the federal health care program. Pilavyan pleaded guilty in July to health care fraud, conspiracy and money laundering. When he pleaded guilty, Pilavyan admitted that over the course of about 18 months, he caused the submission of fraudulent claims to Medicare in excess of $8 million. Medicare paid $7 million of the claims, and almost $4 million went to Pilavyan. Pilavyan operated as a “capper” who recruited Medicare beneficiaries to receive home health services. Pilavyan admitted in his plea agreement that he conspired with Lourdes Perez, the owner of Provident Home Health Care Services in Eagle Rock, who is currently serving a 46-month prison term. For more news and observations about crime in Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley, check out the Daily News’ crime blog by clicking here.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!